To support the needs of the new and existing community, Kinley is committed to the delivery of:
- An approximately 17 acre regional Active Open Space reserve, offering new sporting ovals, playing courts & associated facilities for the region.
- Over 14.35 acres of informal open space, spread throughout the site, to ensure every single dwelling has equitable space to green spaces.
- Dedicated trails and connections to Box Hill Institute and Lillydale Lake, in addition to delivering part of the missing link to connect the Warburton Trail (3.4 acres)
- 9 acres of wetland reserves & bioretention basins, increasing biodiversity values and sustainably managing drainage impacts.
- Civic Plaza/Urban Spaces (4.2 acres) which will include alfresco dining, seating, gardens & arbours, civic events, outdoor events & provide a diverse way to meet, relax and play.
- A Community centre
- A potential school (subject to further needs assessment and government approval)
- Promote healthy lifestyles in the community through walkability, making open spaces and key community infrastructure accessible by foot to all residents.
- A multi-million dollar investment in public art.
The Kinley Village Centre will be designed to complement the existing retail offer in Lilydale, providing a point of difference whilst servicing the Kinley community. 6,000m2 of retail floorspace is proposed with 5,000m2 in the Urban core for a local supermarket & associated service related specialty offer. A further 1,000m2 is allocated in the Heritage Quarter.
In addition, the Kinley JV intends to rehabilitate and activate many of the existing heritage buildings and assets.